Lykke Li is proficient in The Art Of So Sad So Sexy greatness, we know: From everything included on her 2018 masterpiece to I Never Learn and Youth Novels, she’s proven capable of supplying undeniably heartfelt and transportive gems time and time again.
But what happens when the brooding songstress teams up with magic-maker Mark Ronson, the now Oscar-winning producer behind “Shallow,” among dozens of others of masterpieces?
Warm, silky disco greatness…that’s what.
Far from the trap hi-hats and tripping beats behind so sad so sexy, the slow-burning delight is more like something you’d hear on a Jessie Ware or Disclosure record, or perhaps even Calvin Harris‘ Funk Wav Bounce Vol.1. The inviting, sensual disco-laced production makes for some major late night baby makin’ mood music, and Lykke‘s soothing, tender reassurances provide the gentlest little kisses along the way. “When I get to want ya/ And I wanna call ya/ With late night feelings…,” she croons.
It’s a very great sign of what’s to come from Mark‘s Late Night Feelings (Out June 21), an album with the potential to snatch the crown for the year. Stay tuned!
- Late Night Prelude
- Late Night Feelings (feat. Lykke Li)
- Find U Again (feat. Camila Cabello)
- Piece of Us (feat. King Princess)
- Knock Knock Knock (feat. YEBBA)
- Don’t Leave Me Lonely (feat. YEBBA)
- When U Went Away (feat. YEBBA)
- Truth (feat. Alicia Keys & The Last Artful, Dodgr)
- Nothing Breaks Like A Heart (feat. Miley Cyrus)
- True Blue (feat. Angel Olsen)
- Why Hide (feat. Diana Gordon)
- 2 AM (feat. Lykke Li)
- Spinning (feat. Ilsey)