The long-awaited sophomore album from Clean Bandit is finally on its way…
Over the past two years, the UK production trio have dropped a very solid batch of smashes: the Sean Paul and Anne-Marie-assisted “Rockabye,” “Disconnect” with Marina & The Diamonds, “Symphony” with Zara Larsson, “I Miss You” with Julia Michaels, and most recently “Solo” with Demi Lovato. They’ve been nothing but consistent – and yet, no new album?
Last month, Clean Bandit finally spilled the deets: The album is called What Is Love? and it comes out on November 30th. Alongside most of the previously mentioned, the LP is set to feature brand new collaborations with Julia Michaels, Charli XCX, Ellie Goulding, Tove Styrke, Stefflon Don, ALMA and Rita Ora, as well as their freshly released team-up with Marina (formerly Marina & the Diamonds) and “Despacito” hit-maker Luis Fonsi: “Baby“!
The track is a sultry banger that finds Marina longing over a lost lover after she regrettably gives herself to a new love. She reminisces on their fiery romance, but ultimately decides that her past lover stays within her memory as the one who got away. “Guess I had my last chance/ And now this is our last dance/ You fell through the cracks in my hands/ Hard to say it’s over/ But I’m already someone else’s…,” Marina confesses.
Although Marina and Luis are a somewhat random pairing on paper (she’s Welsh and he’s Puerto Rican), the collaboration makes total sense in song, as the two trade sweetly crooned melodies across the slick, flamenco-infused dance number with a distinctive Latin flare.
It’s that earworm of a post-chorus that really seals the deal: “Baby, ahhhh/ Baby, ahhhhh/ Baby, ahhhh/ But I’m already someone else’s…“. An anthem for true missed connections — I stan.
1. Symphony (featuring Zara Larsson)
2. Baby (featuring Marina & Luis Fonsi)
3. Solo (featuring Demi Lovato)
4. Rockabye (featuring Sean Paul & Anne-Marie)
5. Mama (featuring Ellie Goulding)
6. Should’ve Known Better (featuring Anne-Marie)
7. Out at Night (featuring KYLE & Big Boi)
8. Last Goodbye (featuring Tove Styrke & Stefflon Don)
9. We Were Just Kids (featuring Craig David & Kirsten Joy)
10. Nowhere (featuring Rita Ora & KYLE)
11. I Miss You (featuring Julia Michaels)
12. In Us I Believe (featuring ALMA)
Deluxe Edition (Bonus Tracks):
13. 24 Hours (featuring Yasmin Green)
14. Playboy Style (featuring Charli XCX & Bhad Bhabie)
15. Beautiful (featuring DaVido & Love Ssega)
16. Tears (featuring Louisa Johnson)